We are looking to fill a full-time employee position in the role of Client Finance Analyst for our Toronto office. This employee will work on client finance for both our Canadian and U.S. companies. This role is responsible for managing client invoicing and will need to maintain a strong working relationship with the Account Management team to assist with client financial requirements. We are looking for someone who is client service driven, proactive, detail oriented, collaborative, passionate, dynamic and entrepreneurial. This person will be part of our accounting team but will also collaborate closely with our client teams as required in both our Toronto and Chicago offices.
- Providing hands-on support to the Controller and CFO.
- Prepare all client invoices in accordance with client requirements, ensuring applicable taxes are applied. Verify revenue recognition and report to Controller.
- Review all client agreements and scope of work documents to develop a clear understanding of all financial terms.
- Ad hoc client financial reporting and analysis.
- Verify that all TV, radio and digital monthly client media reconciliations are equal to the reports generated from the accounting system and prepare and enter all monthly client media reconciliation invoices.
- Accounts Receivable responsibilities including entering client payments and notifying account managers about Accounts Receivable follow-up that is required.
- Manage the Agency time tracking software Clockify. Analyze data and report on client profitability and staff utilization monthly and annually.
- Set up Clients and manage job numbers for all clients.
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare inter-company invoices and monthly reconciliations of all inter-company accounts.
- Responsible for all corporate HST accounts including analysis and entry for each return. Manage payments for corporate tax installments.
- Assist with month end and yearend preparations.
- University degree or College graduate in an accounting program.
- A minimum 5 years of work experience in an agency accounting position.
- Experience with foreign exchange an asset.
- Experience with accounting software. QuickBooks experience is a definite asset and a preference.
- Knowledge of MediaOcean an asset.
- Strong understanding of financial data and reporting and accounting principles.
- Strong understanding of the accounts payable function.
- Excellent proficiency Microsoft Office and specifically Excel and the use of Pivot Tables.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detailed oriented.
- Excellent negotiating and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills; able to distill overall objectives into the actionable steps required to achieve those objectives.
- Motivated by a challenge.
- Desire to learn and grow.
- General work hours 9am to 5pm.
- The role is based on a hybrid work model. The candidate will be required to be in the office 2 days a week and potentially additional days for client meetings and/or collaboration with the team as needed.
- Salary TBC.
GainShare Performance Marketing is committed to providing equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available at all stages of the recruitment process, at the candidate’s request.