We are looking for an Associate Account Director, to serve as a key leader on the Account and Strategy Team. This role will be responsible for creating an environment of mutual success for the client you are leading and our business. In this role, you are the voice of the client to the agency and the voice of the agency to the client. This role will be the bridge to success for some of our largest, most strategic engagements.
Our agency-client partnerships are built on trust. We do this through understanding and anticipating our client’s marketing needs/goals and consistently delivering business results. We truly function as an expert extension of our client’s marketing teams. Internally, we translate those goals into actionable plans for the team by working with integrated teams across strategy, planning, development, execution and optimization across a wide range of creative, media and analytics services.
- Serve as day-to-day Account Lead for a top-tier national account; driving and managing integrated media strategy, execution and related internal and external media expectations.
- Leverage your strong understanding of client goals, agency capabilities, the media landscape and measurement to build informed recommendations to drive client goals and growth.
- Create, nurture and maintain strong strategic partnerships with your clients as well as expand our relationship footprint within the client org to expand the business organically as opportunities arise.
- Partner with cross-functional leaders (Linear, Traditional, Digital channels as well as Analytics and Creative) to address client/team needs, opportunities and concerns quickly, positively and productively.
- Oversee ongoing media performance and media mix collaboration with internal channel teams and clients in the ongoing execution of media strategies.
- Serve as connector to cross functional specialties and proactively seek out opportunities to integrate business opportunities and analytics offerings.
- Develop and implement media planning and strategy playbooks by client to create ongoing shared learnings and best practices.
- Ambition to develop personally and strong desire to develop others on the team.
- Assess and recommend strategies for building efficiencies, streamlining operations, and enhancing the value of agency to the client.
- Overseeing and managing client marketing and media budgets, resources hours and all
- Assist in new business pitches, planning and SOW creation.
- 5+ years' experience in Account Management or related agency/brand side marketing function
- Seasoned at leading integrated media strategy and demonstrates clear understanding of all agency capabilities.
- Proven experience overseeing multichannel media campaigns and multi-million-dollar media budgets.
- Deep literacy with all major paid media channels (Traditional and Digital). Experience in leading paid accounts media a plus.
- Strong knowledge of and experience in online advertising/ e-commerce.
- Proficiency in full funnel Media Measurement and Analytics – what they are, how they work and how to use them to build a story. (You will not be doing the analytics per se.)
- Experience testing multiple ad types, audience segmentation, device, landing pages, etc.
- Effective and confident presenter to internal and external audiences
- Excellent project and people management skills
- Highly effective organizational, communication and writing skills
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments with ease and flexibility
- Willingness to ask questions, to learn and to go deeper when needed. Actively seeks out the opinions from others to aid decision making
- Is a curious mind, a can-do spirit and willing to roll up your sleeves required.
- Chicago – based - hybrid 2 days/week in downtown office working with Teams in the US and Canada.
- University degree or College graduate in marketing or business program (preferred, not required)
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- 401k Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Ability to work fully remote for scheduled times of the year
GainShare Performance Marketing is committed to providing equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available at all stages of the recruitment process, at the candidate’s request.